Friday 11 January 2013

Psalm of David- A Prayer of Repentance



Have mercy on me, O God
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.

Wash all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

For i know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.
Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight;
so you are right in your verdict
and justified when you judge.

Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.
Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb;
you taught me wisdom in that secret place

Cleanse me with hyssop, and i will be clean;
wash me, and i will be whiter than snow.

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of thy salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

---Psalm 51: 1-7, 10, 11, 12---

No comments:

Post a Comment